How do we collect the information?
Information is collected from you when you engage with, contribute to or use some of the features on our website, for instance signing up for a free trial session.
Rest assured, your information is in safe hands.
What information we collect and how we use it?
We will collect personal data (for example you name and contact details) to provide you with the best possible experience. We may be required by law to collect additional sensitive information – for example, information relating to physical and mental health.
By using our www.optimalpersonaltraining.co.uk website, you give your permission to us for collecting and processing personal and sensitive information supplied by you. Here are some of the ways in which your information could be used:
- To enable us to give you the best user experience.
- To provide our recruitment services to you.
- To improve our customer service.
- To enable you to sign up for a free session online.
- To contact you (for example to send information and arrange a booking).
- To send you information about details of surveys, promotions, offers, networking or client events and general information about the industry sectors or jobs which we think might be of interest to you – where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes, of course.
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our client has requested. Some examples of these are; references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services, verification of the details you have provided from third party source, psychometric evaluation or skill test.
- To regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings.
- To use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy.
- To answer enquiries, feedback and complaints.
We’re confident that we have listed the majority of purposes for how your information will be used but there might be a purpose not listed above where we will look to get your consent to process, use or disclose your information.
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and certain sections of the site may encrypt data using SSL or a comparable standard. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, even though we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
We will always let you have a copy of personal information we have about you. All you have to do is request it. You are also able to amend your information in the same way. You must inform us of any changes to your personal data and we may ask you to verify your identity before carrying out any changes.
We will do what we reasonably can to make sure your personal data is up to date. If you’d like to see your information, wish to change any of the information we hold, or if you wish to delete your details from our records, please email us at email@example.com
We will do our level best to act on your request in the timescale required by applicable data protection laws.
You may request to unsubscribe from job alerts and marketing material at any time. You can do this in one of three ways.
- Log into your ‘my zone’ account and adjust the settings.
- Simply click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email communication you receive and you will be immediately redirected to our unsubscribe process.
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a change to your settings and we will advise the next course of action accordingly.
The first two options are the quickest.
How long do we hold your information?
We will hold your information until you ask us to remove it. we may hold your data for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
We will continually strive to ensure that your personal data is maintained and up to date, however; you are obliged to inform us of any and all changes to your personal data in order for us to update or delete your personal data accordingly.
How we collect and aggregate information about visitors to our websites
We also collect information about the way jobseekers and visitors use our website to help us continue to provide the best services. The information that we get through this method will not identify an individual but instead helps us understand our users better and enables us to notice trends i.e. most popular pages visited.
We may share this kind of aggregate data with selected third parties to assist with these purposes where you have consented to this.